Friday, July 25, 2014

IELTS: Describe your favourite cartoon character

Topic 3: DESCRIBE YOUR FAVORITE CARTOON CHARACTER

Well, to be frank, I’m a huge fan of cartoons in spite of the fact that I’m no longer a kid and of all characters I’ve ever seen, Tom, which is the name of a male cat in a cartoon series named “Tom and Jerry” is the one I like best. I could start off by saying that Tom is perhaps the most pitiful cat ever existed because he always ends up with ironic situations say being burnt alive, being bullied by a dog, breaking up with the girl he’s interested in and so on. All of these unhappy endings are caused by a cunning mouse called Jerry, who always plays tricks on Tom. Tom is all the time the loser because of his greed and ignorance. Well, while most children seem to detest the cat and be in favor of the mouse, I, however, feel so sympathetic for Tom. In my view, Tom is merely a cat and a cat has the instinct to chase mice; therefore, we can’t blame him for that. And something else I need to comment on is that sometimes Tom is fairly pretty lovely and even kind-hearted when he voluntarily takes care of an abandoned duck instead of eats it up. This really touched me deep inside. All in all, cat Tom is a part of my childhood, made me laugh so much and in some sense, he is my close friend. That’s all I can say about my cool cartoon character. 

No comments:

Post a Comment